One on One Treatment
Occupational therapists will mainly work with children on a one to one basis during treatment. The occupational therapist can begin to develop a good working relationship with the child in order to make the most improvements during therapy.
What types of treatment are covered during one to one therapy?
There are many types of treatment covered during one to one therapy, below is a list of some of the treatments we provide:
- Adaptive equipment
- Sensory integration therapy
- Fine motor improvement therapy
- Concentration and memory improvement therapy
- Gross motor activity training
- Handwriting improvement therapy
- Confidence improvement therapy
What does one on one treatment involve?
Occupational therapy one to one treatment will be in-line with the treatment plan set out between you and your therapist during the assessment phase. Three main aspects of one to one treatment are:
- Chance for you to discuss any concerns
- Individualised therapy sessions
- Professionalism and good working relationships
Who can be present during treatment?
Anyone related to the child or are involved in the care/wellbeing of the child can attend treatment sessions. However for the therapist to get the most out the child it is advised to save all questions until the end of treatment.
Why choose one on one therapy?
One on one therapy is a great way to make improvements with your child that can translate through to both school and home life. They cover all ranges of treatment options and are available at home, in clinic or at school.
- Collaboratively set personalised goals
- Regular reviews tailored and designed around your child
- Guided treatment sessions to meet the highest needs of your child
How will a one hour treatment session benefit you and your child?
- Full hour treatment to address your concerns
- Experienced, friendly and enthusiastic therapists
- Functional improvements
In summary Occupational Therapy can be offered on a one to one basis, this will consist of discussing any concerns you may have, personalised and individualised therapy sessions, and a high level of professionalism and good working relationships. One on one therapy is a great way to make improvements with your child that can translate through to both school and home life. They cover all ranges of treatment options and are available at home, in clinic or at school. If you would like to be referred to Occupational Therapy, or would like more information please email email@example.com or call us on 0330 223 0888