OT for Kids work with charities in providing the best care possible to children, the services we provide are:
Why choose us?
OT for Kids are a private specialist Paediatric Occupational Therapy service. We have clinics and therapists available nationwide and are able to offer accurate cost breakdowns and quotations upon request for any work we complete. These are just some of the benefits of working with us:
- Established Organisation
- Set up separate accounts
- Quotes and costing available upon request
- Assessment and treatment of a wide range of conditions
- Individual final reports outlining any equipment or further treatment
- Cost break down
- Quick turn around
Discuss a particular case
Our occupational therapists can discuss a particular case with charities and work together in planning a better and brighter future for that child.
One on One treatment
The occupational therapist would be able to provide one on one treatment in the child’s school, at home or in one of our clinics.
At OT for Kids, we can provide group services to children with similar difficulties, ages and abilities. The groups we currently offer are:
- Handwriting – a group aimed at children who struggle with handwriting
- Movement – To improve gross motor skills, for conditions like Developmental Co-ordination Disorder and otherwise movement impaired children
- Confidence – for those with low confidence
- Concentration – for children who are easily distracted and often disruptive.
We would also be able to come out to the child’s school and determine if it is safe and accessible to all children. This is in line with the Disability Discrimination Act 1995.
The therapist would be able to come out to a particular child’s home to assess for functional level or to ensure safe living. Following assessment, the therapist can complete treatment in the child’s home.
The occupational therapist can also complete any assessment and treatment within the school.
OT for Kids can assess for a range of difficulties, the occupational therapist would use this process to gain a better insight into the difficulties the child is experiencing, determine why this might be and use the assessment as the basis for the therapy treatment sessions.
The assessments we provide are:
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder Assessment
- Dyspraxia Assessment
- Movement ABC
- Detailed Assessment of Speed of Handwriting (DASH)
- Handwriting Assessment
- Functional Assessment
- Equipment Assessment
- Sensory Assessment
- Risk Assessment
We are also able to provide reports, upon request, summarising the assessment and the difficulties the child may now face following an accident or injury. We can offer medico-legal reports to support court cases.
We offer a variety of treatments and the difficulties identified in assessment will depend upon the combination of treatment the therapist would choose. We are able to provide treatment at home, in school or in clinic. The treatments we provide are:
- Adaptive Equipment
- Sensory Integration Therapy
- Fine Motor Improvement Therapy
- Concentration and Memory Improvement Therapy
- Gross Motor Activity Training
- Handwriting Improvement Therapy
- Confidence Improvement Therapy
- One on One Treatment
- Home Visits
- School Visits
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Acquired Head/Brain Injury
- Attention Deficit (Hyperactivity) Disorder (ADD/ADHD)
- Asperger’s Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Dyspraxia or Developmental Co-ordination Disorder (DCD)
- Developmental Delay
- Down's Syndrome
- Hydrocephalus (Child)
- Multiple Sclerosis (Child)
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Rett Syndrome
- Spina Bifida
- Delayed Milestones
- Poor Handwriting
- Difficulty Concentrating
- Fine Motor Difficulties
- Visual Perception Difficulties
- Gross Motor Difficulties
- Sensory Regulation Difficulties
- Low Confidence and Social Difficulties
↑ Back to Top